Why does it matter to James Bay United Church that we become a place where faith and justice find each another? We believe, as Christians, that humankind is created in the image of God, and refusing to celebrate LGBT*Q persons as part of creation means our image is imperfect and distorted. We understand the need for LGBT*Q persons to be fully included in every area within the life of the church so we become a Body that truly reflects all God is and all we were created to be.
In proclaiming the Good News of God’s tender and extravagant love we are called to bear witness to the love, grace and mercy of Jesus: “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” John 15:12
- A short LGBT*Q history of the United Church of Canada
- an online encyclopedia of LGBTQ and Christian life
- How to Hire a Trans Rabbi
- Bill C-16 passes, enshrining the rights of Transgender Canadians
- Transgender deacon appointed
- Using Faith & Religion in Recovery
- LGBTQ+ and Addiction
- Transgender cartoonist faces death threats
- Author, activist and educator, Rev. Dr. Megan Rohrer
- The Gospel in an LGBT World
- One of the ways God prepares us for the future
- How to Hire a Trans rabbi
- God is Beyond Limits, Including Gender Binaries
- Rainbow Muslims
- Queer Theology
- Parents & Friends of Lesbian, Gay & Trans People in Canada
- Transgender Archives at the University of Victoria
- Not All Like That Christians proclaiming their belief in full LGBT equality
- Believe Out Loud ian online community that empowers Christians to work for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) equality.
- Student Christian Movement resources If you’re looking for queer Christian resources, in Canada or the USA, SCM has your back!
- What Christians can Learn from Queer Courage By Rev. Elizabeth M. Edman
- Please take a few minutes to read Karen Dickey's sermon from June 19 2016 Invasions of Sanctuaries and Up-risings of Love
- Our words, or our silences, have consequences. Speak the power of love before we lose ability to speak at all.
- Among M. Div Grads, a New Crop of Transgender Students
- Affirm United/S’affirmer Ensemble is a voice and a support for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities in the United Church of Canada.
- Here are resources for clergy, parents and friends for topics relating to LGBTQ issues and more specifically the Christian-LGBTQ relationship.
- Many Voices is a Black church movement for gay and transgender justice.