- Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Our Place. 919 Pandora Ave.
- Save to your Calendar
Coldest Night of the Year
A message from Steve Seltzer.
For the second year, we are participating in Canada's National Walk for Homelessness.
Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly walk that raises awareness and raises money for charities serving hungry, homeless, and hurting people in our community.
Walk with us on February 23, 2019! Either a 2, 5 or 10 kilometer walk.
Last year, your support allowed Our Place to raise over $48,000, and we think we can double that this year. Please once again consider gathering or joining a team of friends, family, workmates or congregation together, register online at this website.
Your participation allows us to:
- Nourish body and soul with food for all who need it, provided in a welcoming and dignified manner
- Foster healing through counselling, mental health assistance and connections to other help.
- Provide safe shelter and support to vulnerable people in our community
- Help people find pathways to employment and permanent housing. On Victoria’s coldest nights, Our Place Society works tirelessly to get as many people indoors as possible but, unfortunately, there are still people left outside.
This walk allows the community to come together and show how much they care about the most vulnerable members of society. Help us provide a sense of hope, love and belonging to our neighbours in need.
If you are interested in walking with us and have questions, contact Steven Seltzer at 250 940 5064, or email Steven.
I’ll see you out in the cold!